If you are dealing with symptoms of sleep apnea in Phoenixville, PA, look no further than Kessler Dental Associates! Dr. Kessler is the Founder of Phoenixville’s Better Sleep Solutions. He’s also the Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. With years of experience and training, Dr. Kessler provides educated, quality care for patients who are struggling with sleep apnea.
3 Primary Types of Sleep Apnea:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- The most common form of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea. This most often is caused by blockage in the airways during sleep when the soft tissues in the back of the throat relax.
- Central Sleep Apnea
- This type of sleep apnea involves the brain failing to signal the muscles that control breathing. Central sleep apnea is not as common, but does affect some patients.
- Complex Sleep Apnea
- Complex sleep apnea involves both obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Some signs of sleep apnea occur during sleep, making it difficult to determine if you are experiencing symptoms. However, a bed partner can observe you or you can record yourself sleeping to discover if you are experiencing common signs of sleep apnea:
- Loud Snoring
- Pauses in Your Snoring, Including Gasping for Air
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Morning Headaches
- Memory Loss
- Trouble Focusing
- Mood Swings
- Waking With Dry Mouth
Oral Appliance Therapy
When it comes to obstructive sleep apnea, oral appliance therapy can help by opening the airways allowing you to breathe properly throughout the night. An oral appliance is both comfortable and convenient, similar to a sports mouthguard or orthodontic retainer. An oral appliance can help you breathe better and allow you to sleep through the night with quality rest. In many cases, the oral appliance has been more successful in helping patients than a CPAP machine. Dr. Kessler will evaluate you, discuss your symptoms and recommend the best method of treating your sleep apnea.
- Tongue Retaining Device
- Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)
Caring for Our Community
At Kessler Dental Associates, our community matters! Every patient who walks through our door is given the best possible care. If you are dealing with symptoms of sleep apnea, Dr. Kessler can help determine the best solutions for addressing your symptoms and helping you experience quality rest. We want all of our neighbors to get the sleep that they need! Call our team today to learn more about how we can help through sleep apnea therapy!